Nanki Nezulne (Our Two Spirits) Adult (18+) LGBTQ2+ Health and Wellness Services
Nanki Nezulne (Our Two Spirits) aims to provide wrap-around health and wellness support for LGBTQ2+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Two-Spirit, plus additional gender and/or sexual orientated individuals) that reside in the 11 member Nations that Carrier Sekani serves. The development and implementation of our practices are determined through partnership and collaboration with the First Nations People residing in the Carrier and Sekani territory. Our priority of community involvement advances the eventual self-governing of LGBTQ2+ human services by the Carrier and Sekani First Nations People.
- Implement social, emotional, and health-related protective factors through community engagement and evidence-based practices.
- Encourage inclusivity and acceptance of LGBTQ2+ individuals within the Carrier and Sekani Territory.
- Follow the philosophies and standards of Carrier and Sekani cultural traditions and practices within LGBTQ2+ outreach support, individual and group counselling, education, events, activities and celebrations.
- Strive for Carrier and Sekani First Nations People’s ultimate autonomy of sustainable LGBTQ2+ human service supports and resources.
- Counselling: Provides outreach support, individual counselling, and group counselling.
- Education: Provides LGBTQ2+ education for family and friends of LGBTQ2+ individuals, individuals who wish to become allies, and professionals who aim to gain more LGBTQ2+ specific knowledge respective to their work environment, practices and services.
- Celebration: Aims to create community engagement that encourages inclusivity and acceptance of LGBTQ2+ individuals. The program offers virtual events, activities, and celebrations.
Hours of Operation
8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. After hour appointments and workshops may be offered depending on individual and community need.
Clients seeking support must be:
- 18 years or older
- Member of the LGBTQ2+ community or questioning their gender and/or sexual identities
- Parents of LGBTQ2+ youth
- Individuals who want to be allies of the LGBTQ2+ community
For more information about this program, please visit lgbtq2.csfs.org
Hunter Brazzoni (She/Her)
Special Projects – Resource and Inclusion
Brittany Clark-Wakefield (She/Her)
Mental Health Clinician
Last modified: Friday 29-Jul-22 10:54:07 PDT