JUN 16, 2020
CSFS INTRANET PROJECT OVERVIEW
1.0 WHAT IS AN INTRANET?
An intranet is a private enterprise network, designed to support an organization’s employees to communicate, collaborate and perform their roles. An intranet is there to help employees.
It’s a central place that organizes policies, forms, and all the tools offered in the digital workplace. Basically, the intranet is there to help employees self-serve and making some basic, common workflows more efficient.
The elements found on the most successful intranets are:
- Internal Corporate and leadership communications
- Information about and which support of core functions
- Great intranets include information such as:
- strategic goals
- reports on how well goals are met
- tools for supporting work functions
- Repository of necessary workplace resources
To satisfy these needs, successful intranets offer:
- HR information and forms
- IT service requests and related tools
- Communications request forms, and resources
- Administrative information, such as forms, expense reports, hours tracking, scheduling
- Policies and procedures
- Location information related to buildings, such as:
- security information
- transportation and parking
- guest access
- Tools and applications are all held in a central place
- Information about other teams and individuals
- Consistent design
- Credible content
Intranets serve the following internal objectives:
- Delivering collaboration tools: Enabling centralized access to tools and information employees need to perform their jobs such as - shared documents and templates, work management, calendars, contacts, etc.
- Corporate communications: Since an intranet is an organization’s digital communications hub, important information can be broadcasted throughout the organization – changes at the corporate level, important events, employee recognition, and announcements related to new initiatives or projects.
- Internal communications: Modern intranet tools include all the communication tools employees need to keep in touch within and across teams to get their jobs done collaboratively and efficiently.
- Internal support: Intranets allow large organizations to easily manage their operational query calls from employees. Intranets are, perhaps, the best tools to manage and gather staff requests in an organized, secure way through department forms, blog queries and direct contact information.
- Information repository: Intranets are the place where sensitive documentation and know-how is stored for access: like HR policies, templates, procedure manuals, onboarding information, etc.
- Replacing cluttered, crowded emails: Companies which haven’t yet adopted modern tools like intranets literally use email as their go to tool to get most work done. The result is a constant flood of emails that are hard to keep up with, and important information that can get lost. Intranets are a vastly more efficient way to manage information and communications.
3.0 KEY Goals for the CSFS Intranet Project
- CSFN is creating an employee-focused intranet that will increase connection, collaboration, and access to information across the organization.
- The intranet will be designed with simple, smart access to key resources that will support the best work of our team members.
- Employee engagement and participation have inspired the layout of the new intranet, and continued feedback will keep it updated and relevant/helpful.
- The intranet will help CSFS manage information and communications in one spot online, so we all receive the same information at the same time.
CSFS is proud to work with Monogram Communications on this project
4.0 Intranet Examples from other organizations
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Executive Director of Communications and Data Governance